SOMEWHERE DEEP UNDERGROUND, A TOP-SECRET EXPERIMENT HAS GONE AWRY…
Altered Bunny is a 2D puzzle platformer where you play a mutant human-bunny hybrid, trapped in a shape-shifting facility populated with robot guards intent on dissecting you. Rotate rooms to find your way down and out of the sprawling warren!
Controls (Keyboard / Mouse)
- WSAD or arrow keys to move
- Space to jump
- Enter to attack (or LMB on mouse)
- E to use / climb ladders (or RMB on mouse)
- Z to zoom out
- Left stick to move
- A to jump
- B or right trigger to attack
- Y to use / climb ladders
X to zoom out
- itch.io Page
- Ludum Dare Page
- Source Code
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more.. It’s Ludum Dare time again! I’ll try to keep a bit of a progress diary going during the compo. Here’s a list of the software and tools I’ll be using during the jam:
- Unity 5 for the game engine, coding in C#.
- Photoshop for 2d graphics/textures.
- Blender for 3d (if I go that direction).
- Audacity for sound.
- GarageBand for music.
- My own little framework of handy Unity scripts
- DOTween - awesome tweening library
- Kino Shaders from Keijiro Takahashi
- Some Sprite Shaders from a reddit post
Day 1, 10.40 am NZST
Getting everything set up and ready to go.
Day 1, 11.30 am NZST
Been trying to think up ideas for each theme in the shortlist. There are around 20, pretty tough going coming up with something for every idea!
Day 1, 1.00 pm NZST
Theme announced - it’s ‘Shapeshift!’
Day 3, 7.40 pm NZST
Ok, so I completely failed to make any progress updates while developing Altered Bunny. Perhaps a bit optimistic to think that I could make the game and blog about it simultaneously… :)