Grabity is a fast-paced, physics-based arena brawler. Combat robots duke it out using Grab guns to turn nearby objects into lethal projectiles or makeshift shields in intense tactical throw-downs. For more info, development updates etc. you can check out our Ninja Thumbs website. Grabity won the 2016 Kiwi Game Starter competition and is currently in active development.
Players subvert gravity by means of Grab guns, seizing nearby objects and using them as projectiles to pulverize the opposition, or as makeshift shields to block inbound items. Players need twitch reflexes and precise aiming skills, but Grabity also rewards tactical thinkers who can outmaneuver and outwit opponents in this intense, chaotic tango of death. Jostling for position in a contest of aerial agility, players must turn gravity to their advantage, predicting the trajectories of both projectiles and rival players to secure a brutal hit while snatching their next crate in midair: lobbing objects while blocking attacks, mêlée ebbing and flowing in an elastic ‘footsie battle’ style.
It all makes for a frenetic, fast-paced game in which the arena evolves kinetically as players smash, grab and loot their surroundings – dashing for pickups, hovering momentarily to nail the perfect trajectory and squabbling over the last of the environmental ammo. Intuitive twin-stick controls provide a fluid experience that’s simple to learn but hard to master.
- 2-4 person local multiplayer for maximum couch trash-talk
- Side-on 2.5D gameplay, fully rendered in 3D with real-time lighting and physics
- Intuitive twin-stick controls for a fluid play experience that’s simple to learn but hard to master
- Special items and pickups such as explosive canisters and EMP grenades add spice to the core gameplay
- Custom game modes such as Low Gravity, King of the Crate and Juggernaut
- Choose from several Arenas, each hosting a unique set of tactical choices